I love America. I’m proud to be an American. There’s no country I’d rather be from & be in.
I’m saying this now so no one gets me twisted. I LOVE MY COUNTRY. Warts & all, greatest country ever.
That said, we all know that there are actually 2 Americas: America & MERICA! . This graphic perfectly outlines the differences between the two for those who are maybe unfamiliar with the subtle nuances:
Now, I do not identify as a MERICAN!, but I have a deep appreciation for those who do. Every diverse, beautiful tapestry of needs some coarser, rougher strings to hold it together. That is the function of MERICANS! in our country.
In honor of Independence Day, I humbly present (in no particular order) 23 Great MERICA! Moments.
23. This girl who LOVES her some iPhone.
22. Bacon: The National Fruit of MERICA!
21. This classy lady & her jacuzzi roman candle.
20. Budweiser. The official beer of garage drinking patriots.
19. Some facial hair made of LIBERTY.
18. This t-shirt that sums us up nicely.
17. Deep fried money. Because eff em, that’s why.
16. We have no shame in MERICA!
15. This grill.
14. MERICA knows how to rationalize.
13. This rocket surgeon.
12. STEAK. BIG STEAK. MERICA.
11. This man’s patriotic ass canoe.
10. PROUD SPOKESMAN OF MERICA.
9. Overalls for the win.
8. MERICAN ingenuity exhibit A.
7. MERICAN education exhibit A
6. And exhibit B
7. Equal rights for all MERICANS.
6. All the freedom in this picture.
5. National security.
3. MERICAN wit.
2. How we celebrate our MERICAN FREEDOM.
1. MERICAN beauty.
And as a palate cleanser, a some things I truly love about America:
Our rebellious nature.
My future husband Joe.
My friend Travis, who is clearly repping hard for us in Sweden.
Our amazing military.
This cowboy who held a stranger’s ARTERY in his hands as he tried to get him help post-Boston bombing.
That we made someone as awesome as Channing Tatum.
And this guy.